At Ash Hearing we respect and protect the privacy of our users, and we are transparent as possible regarding the use of your personal data.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, so please check back when you use our services to make sure that you have seen the most recent version.
Who are we?
This website is owned and operated by Ash Hearing, and Ash Hearing is the data controller of the personal data collected through the website and other means.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or you would like to exercise your rights, you can contact us at
Ash Hearing Ltd
4 Regent Grove
How we collect data
- When you make enquiries or book an appointment through our website form, request marketing material or sign up to receive our newsletter.
- When you email, call or write to us, visit our clinic or provide us with information in any other way, including by interacting with us via social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- When a relative or friend gives us information about you during discussions about this person’s hearing, or where an individual has indicated that he or she would like you to accompany them to a hearing assessment, hearing aid fitting or service appointment.
We collect the following types of personal data
- Your name, title, postal address, telephone number and email address, and, if you make a purchase with us, credit or debit card details.
- The information you provide to us during any contact you have with us, whether by email, post, telephone, in person or through our website,
We will do our best to ensure that your personal data we process about you is correct. We will also make sure to update your personal data continually. As our services depend on your correct and updated personal data, we kindly ask you to inform us if there are any relevant changes regarding your personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To update our records and for audit purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interest.
- To prevent or detect fraud and to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, in accordance with our legitimate interest to do so.
- To recommend products and services we think you will be interested in. and, where we use your health data or electronic methods such as email, only with your explicit consent.
How we share your personal data
We will not rent, sell or otherwise share or disclose your personal data, except as described herein or otherwise stated at the time the data is collected
We may share your personal data with our service providers.
We will only share your information in these circumstances if it is necessary in order for our service providers to perform the service for us. These service providers are not authorised to keep or use your personal data for any other purposes, and they will always be under an obligation to keep your personal data safe and confidential.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need to for legitimate legal or business reasons, including to comply with any regulatory obligations. We will delete your personal data when it is no longer required in relation to the purpose for our collection, processing and storage of your personal data. We will store personal data that we are obliged to keep in accordance with the law.
Security of your data
We have put in place appropriate measures to protect your personal data against unintended loss or amendment, against unauthorised disclosure and against access by unauthorised persons.
Your privacy rights
You have the right, at any time, to request information about the personal data we hold about you, where the data is collected from, and what we are using it for. You also have the right to know how long we will keep your personal data and who we share your data with. If you request, we can give you details of the personal data we hold about you. You may also have the right to data portability. If you think the personal data we keep about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request corrections. Please contact us and let us know how to rectify your information.
You have the right to object to our keeping of your personal data. You can also object to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can contact us at the address at the top of the Privacy Notice if you want to submit an objection. If your objection is justified, we will ensure the termination of the processing of your personal data.
Changes to the privacy
We may update this notice from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
This Privacy Notice was updated on 1st March 2019.